Photo of Location
Photo & Video Galery
The main activity of the Avicena the specialist diagnostic laboratory is the promotion of human health, using the most advanced clinical laboratory tests, from various fields of medicine: clinical biochemistry, microbiology, endocrinology, immunology, transfusiology, molecular biology, genetics, etc.more
Avicena Laboratory is located on 3 locations in new, modern and easily accessible facilities, fully oriented to the requirements and needs of patients from all categories (children, adults, patients with disabilities):
1. Avicena Laboratory (settlement Taftalidze)
Address: Blvd. “8-mi Septemvri” no. 2 loc.1 1000 Skopje
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 07:00-19:30, Saturday: 08:00 - 14:00
Telephone: 02 3179 001
with an area of over 500m2, complemented with an even larger microbiological laboratory of more than 200m2 with fully automated equipment for microbiological and molecular diagnostics.
2. Avicena Laboratory (settlement Aerodrom)
Address: Blvd. “Jane Sandanski” no. 48, 1000 Skopje
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 19:00, Saturday: 08:00 - 14:00
Area: over 160m2
3. Avicena Laboratory (Tetovo)
Address: st. “Blagoja Toska” no. 222, 1200 Tetovo
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 07:00-19:00, Saturday: 08:00-14:00
Area: over 200m2
The Avicenna Laboratory always complies with stringent criteria for maintaining quality in medical laboratories, which are mandatory and generally accepted worldwide, and are a guarantee of accurate and precise results.
Daily regular internal control of all automated laboratory systems is performed routinely.
Also, the laboratory is part of several programs for regular external quality control of medical laboratories throughout the year, following precise and strictly defined time intervals from several foreign institutions:
- INSTAND e.V Germany for microbiological analyzes: complete bacteriology with identification and susceptibility, parasitology, mycology, serology and interpretation of results, and UK NEQAS Microbiology (United Kingdom National External Quality Assessment Service) for additional bacteriological analyzes with identification, sensitivity and interpretation the results.
- INSTAND e.V Germany, for additional control and reliability in the accuracy of the analyzed analyzes and the published results in the field of biochemistry, immunology, hematology, cytology, hemostasis, ionometry.
- PHI Avicena Laboratory is among the first specialist diagnostic laboratories that received the Accreditation Certificate for the quality and competence of medical laboratories in accordance with the standard MKC EN ISO 15189: 2013. This standard ensures continuous quality control in all phases of the laboratory operation, reliability in the accuracy of each analyzed individually and published results for the same, covering all the analyzes that are made in the laboratory with the largest range of accredited methods (over 300).
This process is just another tool for objective assessment and additional control and emphasizes the current recognition, commitment and recognition of the quality of laboratory services.
- From the moment of taking the sample for analysis, until the final result is issued, the process of materials processing in the Avicena Laboratory is fully digitized. All test specimens with bar for analysis are bar coded, their identification and processing is on fully automated systems and all analyzers are connected in one software system. This excludes any opportunity for a subjective error from a human factor and guarantees impeccable and accurate results in the shortest possible time.
- The Avicena Laboratory always complies with the strict criteria for maintaining the quality at the highest level. This means that every serum or other sample in the process of its manufacturing goes through several levels of quality control, then it is approved and validated by a specialist doctor. The procedures and ISO standards we work on require strict adherence to these principles of work.
- All tests that are done in the Avicena Laboratory are highly sensitive and specific, meet the standards of the WHO and are the latest generation of tests. The tests are done on fully automated instruments from top world manufacturers, and the automated procedure itself and high-precision technology provide additional reliability and objectivity for accurate and precise results.
- Avicena Laboratory possesses the highest concentration of professional staff. Behind each published result in the Avicena Laboratory there is a professional team of over 75 employees, including 8 doctors - specialists in medical biochemistry and microbiology that guarantee accurate, reliable and timely results for all patients.
All this confirms that the Avicena Laboratory meets the requirements stipulated by the national, European and international standards, and all additional requirements, necessary for carrying out a specific laboratory activity.
|Photo of Location|